Full-Time Resource Specialist Teacher: Rene Gaudet
Special Education Assistant: Cheryl Anderson
It is the District’s policy that the role of the resource specialist program shall support students with disabilities in accessing and progressing in standards-based core curriculum. The primary role of the resource specialist program is to provide instructional services to students with disabilities whose Individualized Education Program (IEP) team determines that service through the resource specialist program is the least restrictive environment. Students with mild to moderate or moderate to severe disabilities who are participating in the core curriculum may receive services through the resource specialist program. This would include, but not be limited to, students with eligibilities of: specific learning disability, intellectual disability, autism, hard of hearing, and emotional disturbance.
The resource specialist program, as outlined in California Education Code, shall provide the following:
(1) Instruction and services for those pupils whose needs have been identified in an Individualized Education Program (IEP) developed by the IEP team and who are assigned to general education classroom teachers for a majority of a school day.
(2) Information and assistance to students with disabilities and their parents.
(3) Consultation, resource information, and material regarding students with disabilities to parents and to general education staff members.
(4) Coordination of special education services with the regular school programs for each student with disabilities enrolled in the resource specialist program.
(5) Monitoring of pupil progress on a regular basis, participation in the review and revision of individualized education programs, as appropriate, and referral of pupils who do not demonstrate appropriate progress to the Individualized Education Program (IEP) team.
For more information about Special Education, please visit the District's website https://achieve.lausd.net/sped